Ali Fedotowsky - The Bachelorette 2010

The contestants competing for bachelorette Ali Fedotowsky's heart include a lawyer, a weatherman, and a wrestler. They range in age from 24 to 34. Interestingly, there are three suitors named Chris, two named Derek (but with different spellings), two named John, and two named Tyler. Luckily, Ali will have less names to remember when she eliminates eight of the contestants on tonight's season opener.

Helene: Why did you decide to apply to be on The Bachelorette?
Craig: First of all, I did not apply for it. My roommate sent in the initial application for me. I tried out for another reality tv show called Holidate, which is on an ABC affiliate channel but they didn’t pick me. Then, while watching tv, my roommate and I saw an ad for the Bachelorette and my roommate decided to go online and submit an application for me. For me, I decided to do it because I’m single, like to have fun, and am open to falling in love on a tv show.

Fedotowsky is from the East, near academia. She grew up in Williamstown, Mass., and was a Phi Beta Kappa student in college. Then she made the abrupt jump to California.
"I don't think that I'm supposed to be with Jake," Fedotowsky said. "I think he found someone and he's with Vienna (Girardi) and they're happy and I'm happy for them. But do I think choosing a job over someone who's potentially the love of your life (is) the wrong choice? I do."
Being happy for Girardi may not be easy. At one point on "The Bachelor," Fedotowsky lashed at her.
"I cannot apologize enough for my behavior then," she said. "I lost my cool and I am glad that I was able to see that on the show, because I wonder a lot about myself and how I should treat others. And no, I don't think that I will be treating others badly this time."

“I do think that at the time it was the right decision in the sense I don’t think I am suppose to be with Jake,” Fedotowsky says of her departure. “Do I think that choosing a job over someone whose potentially the love of your life? Do I think that’s the wrong choice? I do. But, if I had stayed, I don’t think I would have ended up with Jake. Now I know I will never make that choice again.”
She says Pavelka’s decision was “a fair rejection” and she kept that — and past other heartbreaks — in mind as she culled her group of suitors. Eight of the hopefuls get the boot after only one episode. But, Fedotowsky says first impressions aren’t that important to her. “I have always been the type of girl that when I go for a guy it’s because he’s told me a story that’s interesting or made me laugh by telling a joke,” she says.
Talking about 25 suitors for a TV show is not something Fedotowsky ever imagined would happen. The call came while her season of “The Bachelor” was airing. She put off her decision until she saw the finale. The closure she got from seeing Pavelka propose to contestant Vienna Girardi helped her move on. She hasn’t spoken to Pavelka since leaving the show, but she did chat with fifth season “Bachelorette” Jillian Harris, whose only advice was to have a lot of travel hair spray.

Comments

Popular Posts