Elisabeth Hasselbeck - Dancing with the Stars

Dancing with the Stars contestant Erin Andrews was bombasted Tuesday by The View cohost, who said the ESPN sportscaster's skimpy wardrobe choices led to her being stalked. (Andrews was filmed in the nude through a hotel peephole.)
To paraphrase, Hasselbeck (in a chest- and arm-baring sundress) yapped that if the stalker had waited a few weeks and just seen Erin on the show, he wouldn't be in jail right now.
Andrews, who also received death threats from another stalker, responded with: ``I'm disappointed she went there.''
In true damage-control form, Elisabeth tearfully apologized on the ABC show Wednesday, telling viewers ``reckless words pierce someone's heart like a sword.'' ( Elisabeth Hasselbeck: stiletto in mouth - Miami Herald Media )

Speaking tearfully on The View on Wednesday, Hasselbeck said she regretted the remarks, in which she said Andrews’s convicted stalker — who filmed her through a hotel room peephole — could have avoided prison and seen almost as much of Andrews just by watching this season of the hit ABC dancing competition. ( Elisabeth Hasselbeck Tearfully Apologizes to Erin Andrews - People )

Tuesday morning on "The View," Hasselbeck criticized Andrews for wearing revealing "DWTS" outfits after the ESPN reporter was infamously stalked by a convicted peeping tom.
Hasselbeck said, "I think in light of what happened and as a legal [matter] -- and as inexcusable as it was for that horrific guy to go in and try to peep on her in her hotel room … I mean, in some way if I'm him, I'm like, 'Man! I just could've waited 12 weeks and seen this -- a little bit less -- without the prison time!'"
"The View" co-host's comments encouraged Maksim and other "DWTS" competitors to fire back at Hasselbeck on Twitter.
"I'm the one designing @ErinAndrewsESPN's dresses for the show, so I'll just assume that @ehasselbeck is jealous... and stupid [for] her comments," Maksim tweeted. ( 'Dancing''s Maksim: Elisabeth Hasselbeck's Critique of Erin Andrews Was 'Stupid' - Gabriel Bouys )

On her ABC talk show Tuesday, Hasselbeck criticized Andrews for wearing skimpy outfits on DWTS after a peephole stalker famously posted a nude video of the ESPN reporter, 32 (he is now serving a 2 1/2-year prison term).
Said Hasselbeck: "In light of what happened ... and as inexcusable as it was for that horrific guy to go in and try to peep on her in her hotel room ... I mean, in some way if I [was] him, I [would be] like, 'Man! I just could've waited 12 weeks and seen this -- a little bit less -- without the prison time!'"
Andrews told Access Hollywood she "cried" after hearing the remarks. "I think people can have opinions about the show, but my biggest complaint is she's a woman and a mother and it was a mockery of something I've lived through this last year. ... I felt like it was a slap in the face for victims of stalkers and victims of sexual predators." ( Erin Andrews: Elisabeth Hasselbeck Made Me Cry - usmagazine.com )

Comments

Popular Posts