Katharine McPhee's Weight Loss Diet and Workouts Secrets

Recovering bulimic Katharine McPhee shows off yoga-toned physique in GQ, Samantha Chang

McPhee, who currently stars in the new NBC musical-drama series Smash, is in the best shape of her life after overcoming a five-year struggle with bulimia. Lost 30 Pounds in 2006. The slender 5'8" Katharine, who lost 30 pounds in 2006, says doing yoga helped her overcome the deadly eating disorder. Before her stunning weight loss, McPhee had struggled with bulimia for five years (from ages 17-22), binging and purging up to 7 times a day.
Source: examiner

How Katharine McPhee of Smash Stays Fit, Jennipher Walters

Katherine McPhee's Favorite Workouts
  • Outdoor workouts. The gym can be great, but why not get outside? McPhee likes to get outside and enjoy the fresh air along with her exercise.
  • Fun sports. Working out doesn't have to be really hard or boring. McPhee switches things up by finding fun ways to add activity to her life like throwing a football around.
  • Resistance Bands. McPhee's trainer likes to skip the traditional weights sometimes for resistance bands, which are portable and light-weight yet totally effective.
Source: Shape

Katharine McPhee Smashes Her Eating Disorder and Trades It In For Healthy Weight Loss, adreeza

When asked what Katharine does for her workout routine, she gives credit to her trainer for always changing things up and keeping her interested. She performs jumping lunges and other heart pounding exercises as part of her routine.

“We do a lot of circuit stuff. Every day is new so i never get bored. I sometimes go hiking [or] running. I live in the LA in the hills so we’ll go up there.”

Katharine works out with her trainer 3-4 times per week.  On the in between days she loves to hit the gym to add in some extra cardio.  She also credits her high energy level to exercising.

“I definitely feel like I have more energy just being at the gym consistently.”

When her gym routine is lacking she feels as though her metabolism responds by slowing down.

Source: Fittipdaily

Katherine McPhee Weight Loss Secrets

Her body philosophy is keeps her healthy and looking great. Katharine struggled with bulimia for fives years, but she went to treatment and now she eats a healthy well balanced diet. Katharine takes care of her body and it shows. Want to know what she does to look so good? Keep reading to find out how she overcame her eating disorder, and maintains such an amazing physique.

Katherine’s Diet
Katharine eats a balanced diet. Katherine feeds her body with good food and lets herself splurge here and there. She is an anti-dieter. She met a dietitian before American Idol and she just taught her to eat normally and have peace with food. She follows the intuitive eating program.
Katherine’s Exercise
She likes to Dance for exercise.

Source: no1-weight-loss-diet

Katharine McPhee's Intense Workout Will Make You Want to Take a Nap, Kim Muraro

The One-Hour Routine Burns 800-1,000 Calories Per Session

Let no one question Katharine McPhee's commitment to fitness: The American Idol alum and star of NBC's new hit Smash is the March cover girl for Self magazine, where she details her insane workout routine that burns as much as 1,000 calories per session.

"I always try and stay in shape regardless of what I am working on at the moment," McPhee says. "Of course I have times when I am more in shape than other times, but the key for me is being consistent with my workouts."

Source: limelife

Self Shouldn’t Celebrate Recovering Bulimic Katharine McPhee’s Body (And Neither Should Smash), Briana Rognlin

Since her debut on American Idol in 2006, the 27-year-old singer and actress has spoken frankly about her experience with bulimia at the time. She told People  that for five years, she struggled with the eating disorder, sometimes forcing herself to throw up seven times a day.

"Growing up in Los Angeles and spending all those years in dance class, I’d been conscious of body image at a young age, and I went through phases of exercising compulsively and starving myself—I’d do all that stuff."

But when she started the show, she decided to get help. She said that with the guidance of Los Angeles’s Eating Disorder Center of California, she adopted an “intuitive eating” method and dropped 30 pounds. But she admitted at the time that she wasn’t completely recovered:

"I’m definitely not completely healed; I still have to be really cautious of diet mentalities, like, “Oh, I shouldn’t eat this because I have this event coming up.” That’s why I don’t want to talk about numbers. I don’t want people to read, “Oh, she’s that size,” because it causes people to be more obsessed."
Which is why it’s so creepy that fitness magazines like Self—and for that matter, Smash—are celebrating her body. The March issue features quotes about her routine for the show, which sounds grueling:

"I do a five-hour dance rehearsal. I feel it in my thighs and calves, but it’s so stop-and-go. I miss my real workout … I love my body when I’m in the best shape I can be in. It feels good to be strong."

Source: Blisstree.com

Comments

Alina said…
Thanks for sharing this great article! I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. It is extremely helpful for me. I hope you post again soon.
weight loss
Unknown said…
Oh, I have heard in a TV show that Katherine was once a bulimic. Good thing it didn’t badly affect her singing and her health. I’m glad she’s over with bulimia, and that she is maintaining her figure the right way. By simply going to the gym every day and following a proper diet, one can lose weight efficiently and achieve their desired figure.

Jacinto Hukle
Terry said…
She burns 1000 calorie per session?! Wow, talk about hard work. She must reveal more of her secrets with regards to her weight loss program. She could be the new role model for the teens out there and she can encourage them to stay fit. That is what we need since the number of teen obesity cases is quite alarming.

Terry Bayer
Unknown said…
Its a nice post for weight loss diet for women with balanced easy diet plans.

weight gain methods

Unknown said…
wow amazing post i've read and enjoy this weight loss post thanks. I've found one of the best site related information weight loss holidays.

Popular Posts