Kendra Wilkinson quits Splash

She later revealed that quitting the show was not a spur-of-the-moment decision and in fact had been planned for at least a week. "I was supposed to quit with last weeks dive but I didn't and did it. Felt amazing and it was a huge accomplishment to me and my family," she wrote.

The reality series has been struggling in the ratings in the three weeks it has been on the air, with the most recent installment hitting a series low against NBC's reality competition show "The Voice."

Louie Anderson, meanwhile, continues to compete on the show, though he and Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had the lowest scores.
Source: Kendra Wilkinson quits 'Splash' reality show over high-dive By Patrick Kevin Day

I'm so sorry, everybody," Kendra said. "It's bittersweet. One thing I don't do is quit. This is the first time in my life I've quit something. This will haunt me for the rest of my life."

Kendra was paired with extreme skier Rory Bushfield, who had been advised by doctors not to compete after he ruptured an eardrum in practice. She has been open about having a serious fear of heights. "I start spinning, I start wanting to throw up, I'm shaking, my fingers wiggle," she told E!.

On Twitter after the show, Kendra wrote: "Damn I got a lot of hate tonight but ill take it. Big mistake signing up for the show. Sorry I let you all down."
Source: Kendra Wilkinson quits 'Splash' by: Ann Oldenburg, USA TODAY

After the show she tweeted: "Damn I got a lot of hate tonight but ill take it. Big mistake signing up for the show. Sorry I let you all down."

Some felt she shouldn't have gone on the show if she was afraid of heights. But I say good for her for facing her fear. And she did jump last week. She tweeted that "felt amazing and it was huge accomplishment to me and my family." She likely had every intention of doing it, but sometimes you just can't. At least she tried.

It's not like diving off that board was going to cure cancer, or actually do anything positive for mankind. So while facing her fear would have been great, her quitting really doesn't matter a whole hell of a lot in the scheme of things -- ratings aside, of course.
Source: Kendra Wilkinson Quits 'Splash' & Gets Reamed for It (VIDEO) by Julie Ryan Evans

Comments

Popular Posts